Information that We Collect
The information that we learn from and about you helps us personalize and improve your experience and improve the rentals, products, and services that we (or a third-party with whom we have a relationship) provide you. Although most personal information is collected by third-party websites that are beyond our control, you may provide personal information to us (which we may collect and save) when you fill out a form on our website or communicate with us. Primarily, that information includes IP addresses, browsers, information captured in cookies, and pages viewed, but it could also include, among other things, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, social security number, home demographics, and pet ownership.
The information that we collect may fall into the following categories:
- Information that you provide to us: We collect and save information that you enter on our website or on a third-party website with whom we have a relationship or that you provide to us in another way. We use the information that you provide for purposes such as responding to your requests and inquiries; customizing rental, product, or services offerings; improving the Property and other properties we own, and communicating with you. For example, we collect and save information when you respond to a survey or marketing communication sent to you by a third-party vendor with whom we have a relationship.
- Automatic information: We collect and save information when you interact with us. For example, we use “cookies,” which are discussed in more detail below.
- Mobile: If you use an app created by the Property or a third-party with whom we have a relationship, we may collect and save information about your location and your mobile device. This information may be used for a variety of purposes, including providing you with location-based services, advertising, search results, rentals, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- Information that we observe: We might collect and save information about, among other things, your preferences, rental history, or payment history.
- Information from other sources: We might collect and save information about you from other sources.
Using, Sharing, or Disclosing Information
We use personal information to provide you with information on the rentals, products, and services in which you have expressed an interest and on other rentals, products or services in which we believe you may have an interest. We use personal information for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you rentals, products, and services.
- Improve our rentals, products, and services and the marketing of the same.
- Improve the performance of, or content on, our website or to customize the content, layout, and services on the website.
- Deliver information to you regarding rentals, products, or services.
- Deliver communications to you regarding rentals, products, services, promotions, announcements, surveys, or other communications.
We generally do not disclose your personal information except in the following situations:
- Third Parties with whom we have a relationship: We work closely with third-party vendors to provide you rentals, products, and services that are important to your experience with the Property. To provide those rentals, products, and services, those third parties have access to personal information. Those third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for other purposes.
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with an affiliate.
- Business transfers or investments: We may sell or buy businesses or assets. Customer information is typically one of the assets being transferred. We also may share your personal information with a potential investor under an agreement which contains reasonable confidentiality requirements.
- Consent: The Property may also share personal information with your consent.
We may use persistent tracking cookies on our website which are cookies that stay in your web browser between visits. These cookies can also be used to show us which sites you have visited before entering our website and which websites you may go to if you leave.
Do Not Track Signals
Your device may be able to send web browser signals known as “Do Not Track” signals indicating your desire to disable tracking on a website. We do not respond to DNT signals, so we may not be aware of, or may be unable to respond to, such signals.
We may include or offer products or services of third-party vendors or we may utilize products or services of third-party vendors in our providing of rentals, products, and services to you. Sometimes, those products or services are obtained from a third-party’s website, in which case, the third-party websites will have separate and independent privacy policies. We are not responsible for those third-party websites, the third party’s privacy policies, or the actions of those third parties.
We employ reasonable and current security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and maintain correct use of information. When you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information can be collected and used by others. No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We limit access to personal information to employees who we believe reasonably need to receive such information to provide rentals, goods, or services or to complete their jobs. We take the precautions that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your personal information, including advising employees to be aware of the sensitivity of the personal information and to be careful to protect the information from improper access by third parties
If the Property goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, or sale, your personal information will likely be part of the assets transferred. By using the website and providing your personal information, you consent to this transfer.
Children under 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. No part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using our website, you represent that you are not under 13 years of age. If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child under the age of 13 may have provided personal information through our website, please contact us by the means identified below.
California Consumer Privacy Act
Effective January 1, 2020, please refer to the Property’s Privacy Notice for California Residents here for a statement applicable to California residents pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act.
By using our website, you consent to the collection, storage, use, and sharing of information in the manner we describe. By submitting your phone number, email address, or other contact means to us, you agree to be contacted by us, our property manager (Avenue5), or a third-party vendor with whom we have a relationship to provide you with information and notices relating to the subject matter of your inquiry or request, the property where you reside, and rentals, products, and services that we believe may be of interest to you.
You may choose to opt out of receiving future commercial email messages from us.
If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice, you may contact us, through our property manager (Avenue5), by calling 206.693.6503, emailing email@example.com, or mailing us at 901 5th Avenue, Suite 3000, Seattle, Washington, 98164, Attn.: Data Privacy Department.